Sea-Camel

Thursday, January 20, 2005

‘what's wrong’ fresh from wales


"Looking Away" by Christine Hamm Posted by Hello

On my mail box today Ivy Alvarez’s new chapbook —what’s wrong— together with a lovely personal note from the author. Lot’s of good reading: the story of Bill and Ann.

Most girls avoid Bill. They are wary.
You would. Not Ann….

Won’t give it away. No, no. Read it on your own people. Since I understand that Ivy will be in the States soon as a MacDowell Colony fellow in New Hampshire it will be a good chance for people to get a copy of this wonderful chap. Drop her a line. Congratulations, Ivy! Indefagetable. (With cover art by another fellow blogger: Christine Hamm.)

****

One of the many benefits of blogging is the opportunity to literally see and feel what people are doing at various stages of a work’s development. One thing no one can take away from the Internet is this ability to develop relationships across continents and borders. And to do so with such immediacy. During the past couple of weeks I have had the pleasure of reading and, in some cases, the opportunity to comment on some fine poetry in the making. (Ivy’s is a finished chap and she’s already moving on to other projects. Where does she get the energy?) But I also had the chance to read Suzanne Frischkorn’s ongoing work on “Drunk from the Storm” (I think I can give away the title) and Eduardo C. Corral’s full-length manuscript (untitled as of yet). What a pleasure to read and to comment and to have these poets share their work with such openness. My thanks to them.

5 Comments:

  • Thank you, Alberto. :-)

    By Blogger Ivy, at 11:03 AM  

  • This post made me happy. Not a negative thing about it, refreshing (though I'm not complaining about other-mooded posts). And I'm intrigued by this Ivy Alvarez chapbook. Thanks.

    By Blogger Sara, at 7:12 PM  

  • No, thank you!

    It's wonderful, this technology, I've made many friends and I count you among them.

    xo

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:59 AM  

  • • Ivy: Go Ivy!!!

    • Sara, jersey girl, you here? What a pleasant surprise. True about the moody stuff. The dark-blue background gives it away, no? :-}

    • Yeah, Suzanne, I’m having a good time with this medium and all the people chatting along. Hope it lasts and gets better.

    Cheers,
    Alberto

    By Blogger Chaty, at 11:20 PM  

  • What a great site »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home