Sea-Camel

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The Story of the Weeping Camel



Here is a film directed by Byambasuren Davaa and Luigi Falorni that is turning heads and raising humps. I haven’t seen it (other than a small, yet impressive clip), but I can’t help talking about my brethren camels. (In my neck of the woods it may take a year or two for this baby to arrive in the theatre!) And thus weeping Al shall await the arrival of the weeping camel. Anyway, it’s about time that we get some recognition on the big screen, though it may be nothing compared to the attention we're getting here in Blogland.

But seriously, listen to this by Emily Blunt:

The star of the film, a rather doe-eyed camel with a pinch of attitude, seems aware of her close-up and gives directors Byambasuren Davaa and Luigi Falorni an Oscar© caliber performance…deep, soulful and layered.

And he is a two-humped Bactrian camel he is. A star. Since I haven’t seen the film I’ll say no more about it. But if you’re into hearsay….

Incidentally, I do recall a muslin story about a crying camel. Does that ring any bells? I wonder if that has any connection to the idea behind this film.


1 Comments:

  • I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. 4891135 fox fox matthew is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home